miércoles, 6 de marzo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: SAVED BY THE BELL

"SAVED BY THE BELL"



Saved by the timely intervention of someone or something.

Example: I was about to take the wrong decision but was saved by the bell, my best friend told me it would never work.

Salvado por la campana.

Example sentences:

  • Luckily, my bus arrived before I had time to reply, saved by the bell / Por suerte, mi autobús llegó antes de que tuviera que responder; salvado por la campana. 

  • I was going to have to do my part, but someone knocked on the door and I didn't have to do it. I was saved by the bell / Tenía que hacer mi parte, pero alguien tocó la puerta y ya no tuve que hacerlo. Me salvó la campana.

Additional examples:

  • I wish I had been saved by the bell!

  • I couldn't put off explaining his absence any longer, but then Bill arrived and I was saved by the bell

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario