miércoles, 13 de marzo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: GO FOR BROKE

"GO FOR BROKE"



A gambling term meaning risking everything to reap substantial reward.

Example: I'm going for broke on this hand. 

Arriesgar todo.

Example sentences:

  • Are you sure you want to bet all of your money on that one horse? Yes; I'm going for broke! / ¿Estás seguro que deseas apostar todo tu dinero en un caballo? Si; arriesgaré todo.

  • Do you think that girl will dance with me if I ask her to? Sure, go for broke! / ¿Crees que esa chica quiera bailar conmigo si le pregunto? Claro, arriésgate!

Additional examples:

  • The way to be successful is to decide exactly what you want, then go for broke.

  • Okay, this is my last chance. I'm going for broke


El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario