lunes, 4 de marzo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: IT'S A SMALL WORLD

"IT'S A SMALL WORLD"



Something that you say when you discover that someone knows a person that you know.

Example: Can you believe it? I met my best friend from high school in Costa Rica! It’s a small world.

Que pequeño es el mundo.

Example sentences: 

  • Hey, it's funny seeing you here. It's a small world / Hey, es gracioso verte aquí. Que pequeño es el mundo.

  • So you really went to college with my brother? It's sure is a small world / ¿Así que en realidad fue a la Universidad con mi hermano? De verdad que pequeño es el mundo.

Additional examples:

  • I never thought I'd run into Samantha at a ball game, It's a small world!

  • So you know my old science teacher! Well, it's certainly a small world, isn't it?

 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario