lunes, 18 de marzo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

"EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING"



You can derive some benefit from every bad thing that happens to you.

Example: I'm sorry your business is going badly, but don't despair. Every cloud has a silver lining.

No hay mal que por bien no venga.

Example sentences:

  • What should I do now? I lost my job! Don’t worry It will be all right; every cloud has a silver lining / ¿Qué debo hacer ahora? Perdí mi trabajo! No te preocupes todo estará bien; no hay mal que por bien no venga.

  • This really is a tough situation. Do you think things will work out for the best? I'm sure they will. Every cloud has a silver lining / Esto realmente es una situación difícil. ¿Cress que las cosas van a salir bien? Estoy seguro de eso. No hay mal que por bien no venga.

Additional examples:

  • I know your boyfriend ended your relationship, but remember that every cloud has a silver lining. You’ll find a new boyfriend soon!

  • I found a new job after all, and I like this one even better than the last. You see? Every cloud has a silver lining.

 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

  

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario