"HARD TO COME BY"
Example: Good jobs in the airline industy have been hard to come by recently.
Difícil de encontrar.
- A good cheap hotel is hard to come by in London these days / Un buen hotel económico es difícil de econtrar en Londres en estos días.
- Collectible stamps that are hard to come by are generally more expensive than those that are more common / Los sellos de colección que son más difícil de encotrar son generalmente más caros que los que son más comunes.
- False identification is very hard to come by nowadays because it is difficult to produce and it's still quite illegal.
- Floor seat tickets for the big game were hard to come by, so I finally paid a lot of money to a ticket scalper to get them.
- The old fashioned mine cut diamonds that used to be common are hard to come by these days, but still valuable.
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por: