If you are one of the upper crust, you are a member of society's highest class.
Example: If Laura was really part of the upper crust, she wouldn't need to borrow money all the time, would she?
- Only children from the upper crust go to that school / Sólo los niños de la alta sociedad van a esa escuela.
- Ralph wants people to think he's in the upper crust, so he wears expensive clothes / Ralph quiere que la gente piense que él es de la alta sociedad, así que usa ropa costosa.
- James is from the upper crust, but he is penniless / James es de la alta sociedad, pero está sin dinero.
- Marge does a great imitation of an upper-crust "society queen". It's really funny, and her upper-crust accent is perfect.
- Jane speaks like that because she pretends to be from the upper crust, but her father was a miner.
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por: