"QUICK AS A FLASH / QUICK AS A WINK / QICK AS LIGHTNING"
If you're as quick as a flash, or quick as a wink, or quick as lightning, you're very quick.
Example: Rafael is a big guy for a tennis player, but he's as quick as lightning when he's running around the court.
Rápido / a como rayo.
- Jimmy knew the answer and, quick as a flash, he put up his hand / Jimmy supo la respuesta y, como de rayo, levantó la mano.
- His boss came into the office and quick as a wink Mark hit a key on his keyboard because he didn't want his boss to see what he was looking at / Su jefe entró en la oficina y como de rayo Mark golpeó una tecla en su teclado porque no quería que su jefe viera lo que estaba mirand.
- As quick as a wink, the thief took the lady's purse.
- I'll finish this work quick as a flash.
- Quick as greased lightning, the thief stole my wallet.
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por: