jueves, 7 de marzo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: GO THE EXTRA MILE

"GO THE EXTRA MILE"



To try harder to please someone or to get the task done correctly; to do more than one is required to do to reach a goal.

Example: The staff at the hotel really went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

Hacer un esfuerzo extra / Ir más allá.

Example sentences:

  • My dance coordinator always advise me to go the extra mile / Mi coordinador de baile siempre me aconseja hacer un esfuerzo extra.

  • I like doing business with that company, they always go the extra mile / Me gusta hacer negocios con esa compañía, ellos siempre van más allá.

Additional examples:

  • My teacher goes the extra mile to help us.

  • He's a nice guy, always ready to go the extra mile for his friends.

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario