jueves, 5 de enero de 2017

TODAY'S IDIOM: VANISH INTO THIN AIR

"VANISH INTO THIN AIR"

If something vanishes into thin air, it disappears completely.

The singer of The Manic Street Preachers vanished into thin air one day and he's never been seen again.

Desapareció.

Example sentences:

  • My car keys must be here somewhere. They can't just vanish into thin air / Las llaves demi coche siempre están en un lugar por aquí. No puedes desaparecerse.

  • I had a webpage on this site for meeting people, but it seems to have vanished into thin air. The page has gone and I can't find it anywhere / Tenía una página web en donde conocía personas, pero parece que desapareció. La página se ha ido y no puedo encontrla por ningún lado.

Additional examples:

  • My money gets spent so fast. It seems to vanish into thin air.

  • When I came back, my car was gone. I had locked it, and it couldn't have vanished into thin air!




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario