viernes, 6 de enero de 2017

TODAY'S IDIOM: IN A BIND / FIX / JAM

TODAY'S IDOM: IN A BIND / FIX / JAM


If someone is in a bind, or in a jam, or in a fix, they're in a bad or difficult situation. 

Example: Jimmy's in a bind because he owes a lot of money to some mafia guys, and he hasn't got it.

Entre la espada y la pared / En apuros / En aprietos.

Example sentences:

  • If you ever get into a fix, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you out / Si alguna vez estas entre la espada y la pared, házmelo saber y haré lo que pueda para ayudarte.

  • If someone's in a bind, a fix, or a jam, they should get some help / Si alguien está entre la espada y la pared, en apuroso en aprietos, deberían de buscar ayuda.

Additional examples:

  • I'm in a bind. I owe a lot of money.

  • Whenever I get into a jam, I ask my supervisor for help.

  • When things get busy around here, we get in a bind. We could use another helper.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario