miércoles, 20 de febrero de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: START FROM SCRATCH

"START FROM SCRATCH"



To do it all over again from the beginning.

Example: When Kurt built a bed for his young son, he started building from scratch, and made the bed out of wood. It’s beautiful!

Empezar de cero / Desde cero.

Example sentences:

  • Vicky started her company from scratch, and now she is rich and successful! / Vicky comenzó su empresa desde cero y ahora es rica y exitosa!

  • My files are corrupt and I lost all of my project. That's terrible, what will you do? I'll do it again, starting from scratch. / Mis archivos son corruptos y perdí todo mi proyecto. Eso es terrible, ¿Qué vas a hacer? Voy a hacerlo de nuevo, empezar de cero.

Additional examples:

  • On today's show, we are going to show you how to make Spanish Tortilla from scratch!

  • I ruined the cake I just baked.  Now I have to start from scratch.

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario