jueves, 28 de febrero de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

"BETTER LATE THAN NEVER"



Doing something late is better than not doing it.

Example: John gave in his homework yesterday. He was supposed to do it a month ago, but better late than never.

Más vale tarde que nunca.

Example sentences:

  • My library books are 5 days overdue! I have to return them today. I'll have to pay a fine, but better late than never / Mis libros de la boblioteca llevan 5 días de retraso, tengo que regresarlos hoy. Voy a tener que pagar una multa, pero más vale tarde que nunca.

  • I’m sorry I’m late for the meeting. I got stuck in traffic on my way to work. Better late than never, right? / Lo siento, llegué tarde a la reunión. Me quedé atrapado en el trafico camino al trabajo. Más vale tarde que nunca, no?.

Additional examples:

  • The city has finally put traffic lights at the intersection. It’s better late than never, but this should have been done years ago.

  • The movie has already started. Do you still want to go in? Sure. Better late than never!.

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario