jueves, 14 de febrero de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: CUT TO THE CHASE

"CUT TO THE CHASE"



Leave out all the unnecessary details and just get to the point.

Example: All right, let's stop the idle chatter and cut to the chase.

Al grano.

Example sentences:

  • After a few introductory comments, we cut to the chase and began negotiating / Después de unos comentarios introductorios, fuimos al grano y comenzamos a negociar.  

  • I didn't have long to talk to him so I cut to the chase and asked whether he was still married / Yo no tenía mucho tiempo para hablar con él, así que fui  al grano y le pregunté si todavía estaba casado.

Additional examples: 

  • I know your time is important, Lin, so I'll cut to the chase and inform you that we have no idea where your dog is, but we've set up notices around the city to help you in your search.

  • Cut to the chase already, I have little time!

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario