lunes, 19 de diciembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: MUSIC TO YOUR EARS

"MUSIC TO YOUR EARS"



If something is music to your ears, it's just what you want to hear. 

Example: After I'd done my final dive, the judges all said 9.9 or 10 and the crowd cheered. It was music to my ears


Música para tus oídos.


Example sentences:


  • When Halle heard Jason say "I do" at their wedding, it was music to her ears / Cuando Halle escuchó a Jason decir "Acepto" en su boda, fue como música para sus oídos.

  • The accused man said it was music to his ears when the judge said not guilty / El acusado dijo que fue como música para sus oídos cuando el juez declaró no culpable.

Additional examples:

  • Here's your paycheck for this month. Ah, that's music to my ears!

  • The decision to restore the old building is music to my ears.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario