viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: MORE HASTE, LESS SPEED

"MORE HASTE, LESS SPEED"
 
 

Act quickly, but not so quickly that you make careless mistakes.

Examples: More haste, less speed. I suggest you go back.

Vísteme despacio que tengo prisa.

Example sentences:

  • Why are you throwing your clothes around the room? You told me to get my things packed in a hurry. Yes, but more haste, less speed / ¿Porqué tiras tu ropa en la habitación? Tú me dijiste que empacara mis cosas rápido. Si, pero vísteme despacio que tengo prisa.

  • My mum always says "More haste, less speed". She is my pedant in chief so I take this version to be the one / Mi madre siempre dice "Vísteme despacio que tengo prisa". Ella es mi sabelotodo en jefe así que tomo esta versión para ser la número uno.

Additional examples:

  • We'll have to spend an hour cleaning up the mess you make. I know you want to finish that sweater by Joe's birthday, but you're knitting so fast that you make mistakes. More haste, less speed.

  • There are limits to the number of problems that can be solved by legislation alone, and I think that the first package is evidence of more haste, less speed.

 
 
 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario