miércoles, 7 de diciembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL

"HAVE YOUR HANDS FULL"


If you have your hands full, you're busy.

Example: I'd love to teach you but I've got my hands full at the moment and I can't take on any more students just now. 

Estoy hasta el cuello / Estoy hasta el gorro.

  • Marianne has her hands full raising her kids, so she won't be working again until they're all in school / Marianne está hasta el cuello criando a sus hijos. así que no volverá a trabajar hasta que entren a la escuela.

  • If Ben has his hands full at the moment, he has lots to do / Si Ben está hasta el gorro por el momento, tiene mucho por hacer.

Additional examples:
 
  • I'd love to help but I've got my hands full organizing the school play. 

  • I have my hands full with my three children.

  • You have your hands full with managing the store.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario