miércoles, 25 de febrero de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: GO OVER YOUR HEAD

"GO OVER YOUR HEAD"

If someone goes over your head, they go to someone with more authority than you in order to get something that you would normally grant, possibly because they think you won't give it to them.

Example:

I wouldn't go over her head if I were you. It'll make her angry, and next time you ask her for something she might say no.

Pasar por encima de mi cabeza.

Example sentences:

  • If someone decides to go over your head to get something, they could go to your boss / Si alguien decide pasar por encima de tu cabeza para obtener algo, podría ser tu jefe.

  • He knew I wouldn't give him time off, so he went over my head and asked my boss / Él sabía que yo no le daría tiempo libre, así que pasó por encima de mi cabeza y le preguntó a mi jefe.

Additional examples:

  • I really don't want to go over her head but if she won't listen to me I have no choice.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario