jueves, 26 de febrero de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: KEEP IT UNDER YOUR HAT

"KEEP IT UNDER YOUR HAT"


If someone tells you a secret and you keep it under your hat, you don't tell anyone.

Example: Aunt Biddy said she couldn't possibly tell me the family secrets because she'd pledged on her mother's grave to keep them under her hat

Mantenerlo en secreto.

Example sentences:

  • I'll only tell you if you promise to keep it under your hat / Solo te lo diré si me prometes que mantendrás el secreto.

  • I agreed to keep it under my hat and never tell anyone / Yo acordé en manterlo en secreto y nunca decírselo a nadie.

Additional examples:

  • Keep this under your hat, but I'm getting married.  

  • I've got some interesting news, but you must promise to keep it under your hat for the moment.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario