lunes, 9 de febrero de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: JUST MY LUCK

"JUST MY LUCK"



You can say "Just my luck!" when something goes wrong for you, or when something inconvenient happens. 

Example: A police car behind him started wailing and flashing its lights. After a lop-sided smile and a quick look to the heavens, Kenny said, "Just my luck!"

¡Que suerte la mía!

Example sentences:

  • Just as Leon got to the park for his run, it started to rain. "Just my luck!" he said / Justo cuando Leon llegó al parque a correr, comenzó a llover. "¡Que suerte la mía!, dijo.

  • Jeremy smiled and said "Just my luck!" when the traffic lights turned red and he had to stop / Jeremy sonrió y dijo "¡Que suerte la mía! cuando el semáforo se puso en rojo y se tuvo que detener.

Additional examples:

  • So he left five minutes before I got here, did he? Just my luck!

  • They sold the last ticket five minutes before I got there, just my luck!


 

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario