lunes, 23 de febrero de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: AT YOUR WITS' END

"AT YOUR WITS' END"



If you're at your wits' end, you're upset and frustrated because you've tried everything you can think of to solve a problem, and nothing has worked.

Example: I'm at my wits' end! I've been trying to solve a problem with some software all morning and I still haven't got it to work!

Desesperado.

Example sentences:

  • Kelvin says he's been trying to get tickets for the game all day, but he's at his wits' end. Nobody's got any left / Kelvin dice que ha estado tratando de conseguir entradas para el juego durante todo el día, pero ya se desesperó, nadie le echa una mano.

  • I'm at my wit's end with this problem. I cannot figure it out / Ya me desesperó este problema. No puedo entenderlo.

  • Tom could do no more. He was at his wit's end / Tom no podía hacer más. Estaba desesperado.

Additional examples:

  • If someone's at their wits' end, they probably feel quite unhappy.

  • I have a problem that has me at wit's end, and I'm hoping you can help.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario