sábado, 15 de marzo de 2014

TODAY'S IDIOM: TURN OVER A NEW LEAF

"TURN OVER A NEW LEAF"



To turn over a new leaf means to make a fresh start or a new beginning, to start behaving in a different and better way.

Example: I have made a mess of my life but from today, I will turn over a new leaf.

Darle vuelta a una página nueva.

  • I want to turn over a new leaf, I’m going to start exercising more, and stop eating bad food! / Quiero dar vuelta a una nueva páginavoy a empezar a hacer más ejercicio y dejar de comer comida mala!

  • I’m turning over a new leaf. I’m going to start doing my homework every night! / Estoy dandole vuelta a una página nueva, voy a empezar a hacer mi tarea toda las noches.
Additional examples:

  • Why don't you turn over a new leaf and surprise everyone with your good characteristics?

  • Apparently he's turned over a new leaf and he's not drinking any more.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario