sábado, 1 de marzo de 2014

TODAY'S IDIOM: NO WAY!

NO WAY!



You can say "No way!" when you want to strongly reject an offer, a request, or a suggestion.

Example: Hassan's father said he should sell his car to pay off his debts, but Hassan looked shocked at the suggestion and just said, "No way!"

No puede ser.

Example sentences:

  • Jamie looked at his brother and yelled "No way!" after his brother had told him to give him one hundred dollars / Jamie miró a su hermano y le gritó "¡No puede ser!" después de que su hermano le había dicho que le daría cien dólares.

  • Now he's asking me to lend him my car. No way! / Ahora me está pidiendo que le preste mi coche. ¡No puede ser!

Additional examples:

  • There's no way I could have paid for it.

  • I love this job and there's no way I'd quit just to make a bit more money.





El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario