sábado, 22 de marzo de 2014

TODAY'S IDIOM: ONCE IN A BLUE MOON

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON


This is used when something happens very rarely.

Example: Does your husband ever bring you flowers? Once in a blue moon.  

Muy raramente / De vez en cuando

Example sentences:

  • Once in a blue moon, I buy a fashion magazine, just to see what people are wearing / Muy raramente compro una revista de moda, solo para ver que se está usando.

  • My sister lives in Alaska, so I only get to see her once in a blue moon / Mi hermana vive en Alaska, asi que iré a verla de vez en cuando.

Additional examples:

  • Once in a blue moon I have a little wine with dinner.

  • Once in a blue moon, I go to the cinema, only when there's a film I really, really want to see.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario