miércoles, 4 de julio de 2012

TODAY'S IDIOM: RIP SOMEONE OFF


RIP SOMEONE OFF


Inf. to steal [something] from someone; to cheat someone. 

That merchant ripped me off

She rips off everyone.

Rip someone off: Estafarr/robar algo a alguien

Ejemplos:

Eso fue una estafa (" That was such a rip off")

Deberias aprender como evitar estafas (" You should learn how to avoid ripoffs")

Ejemplos adicionales : 

I’m just trying to figure out if they were trying to rip me off

The other companies were totally trying to rip me off.


NO CONFUNDIR CON:


Un diferente uso de RIP OFF . El cual significa  "romper"

Ejemplo: My pocket ripped off, and my money is gone now!



 El blog "La cultura del ingles " es patrocinado por:
www.laculturadelingles.com
                    www.pebtest.com 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario