miércoles, 29 de marzo de 2017

TODAY'S IDIOM: TO WIMP OUT

"TO WIMP OUT"
 
 
 
To not do something because of cowardice or lack of conviction.
 
Example: The little girl is refusing to cross the swinging bridge because she is too afraid.  She is wimping out.
 
Echarse para atrás.
 
Example sentences:
 

  • Ok, I'm going to jump. Are you ready? I don't know. I'm not sure. We agreed that we would jump together. Are you wimping out? I am too afraid, I can't do it / Esta bien, voy a saltar. ¿Estás listo? No lo sé. No estoy seguro. Quedamos en que íbamos a ir juntos. ¿Te estás echando para atrás? Tengo miego, no puedo.

  • Ready to go out and party? I don't know, I'm feeling kind of tired. But we've been looking forward to going out all week. I think I'll just stay in and watch TV. I can't believe you are going to wimp out! / ¿Listo para salir de fiesta? No lo sé, me siento un poco cansado. Pero hemos estado esperando salir toda la semana. Creo que me quedaré aquí y viendo televisión. No lo puedo creer te vas a echar para atrás.

Additional examples:

  • Come on! Don't wimp out now that there's all this work to be done.

  • Ted wimped out on us.

 
 
 

El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario