martes, 28 de marzo de 2017

TODAY'S IDIOM: MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES

"MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES"



If you make hay while the sun shines, you make good use of the chance to do something while it lasts.

Example: Jim works too much, but he reckons he's just making hay while the sun shines. He says he'll slow down once he's made his fortune.

Aprovecharse de la ocasión.

Example sentences:

  • We've got a few days off work so lets make hay while the sun shines and do some landscaping around the back of the house / Tenemos un par de días sin trabajo por lo que nos permite aprovecharnos de la ocasión y hacer un poco de jardinería en la parte trasera de la casa.

  • I'd better make hay while the sun shines and do some work on my book while I have a bit of free time / Será mejor aprovecharme de la ocasión y hacer algún trabajo enmi libro mientras tengo un poco de tiempo libre.

Additional examples:

  • While my husband's out of town, I'm going to watch all the movies he wouldn't take me to see. Why not? Make hay while the sun shines.

  • I've got a few hours to finish the housework before the kids come home so I might as well make hay while the sun shines.





El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario