lunes, 31 de octubre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: JUMP OUT OF YOUR SKIN

"JUMP OUT OF YOUR SKIN"



You jump out of your skin when something suddenly shocks you and your whole body jumps. 

Example: Luke was watching the clouds pass in front of the moon when I quietly snuck up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He screamed and nearly jumped out of his skin!

Se le sale el corazón.

Example sentences:

  • Luke was watching the clouds pass in front of the moon when I quietly snuck up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He screamed and nearly jumped out of his skin! / Lucas estaba viendo las nubes que pasan por delante de la luna cuando me metí en silencio detrás de él y le di un golpecito en el hombro. ¡Él gritó y casi se le sale el corazón!

  • Ollie didn't know I was making some toast, and when it suddenly popped up just as he was walking past he jumped out of his skin. It was really funny! / Ollie no sabía que yo estaba haciendo pan tostado, y cuando de repente saltó justo cuando él pasaba por delante, se le salió el corazón. Fue muy divertido!

Additional examples:

  • When he crept up on me so quietly, I nearly jumped out of my skin.

  • Henry was walking through the forest, and he jumped out of his skin when a snake fell on his head.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario