jueves, 6 de octubre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: MEET YOUR MATCH

"MEET YOUR MATCH"



If you meet your match, you meet someone who can do as well as you, or better than you, in something that you're good at.

Example: I think I've met my match at last. This new guy at the chess club nearly beat me yesterday.

Encontrar a tu pareja

Example sentences:

  • I'm glad that someone has beaten Roger at tennis. It's about time he met his match / Me alegro de que alguien haya vencido a Roger en el tenis. Es cuestión de tiempo que encuentre a su pareja.

  • Marian is the best player on the golf team, but she may have met her match. A new girl played yesterday and she very nearly beat Marian / Marian es la mejor jugadora en el equipo de golf, pero ella pudo haber conocido a su pareja. Una nueva chica jugó ayer y estuvo muy cerca de ella.

Additional examples:

  • It's time to meet your match, Rooker.

  • I am sure, sir, you will meet your match soon. 



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario