miércoles, 11 de mayo de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: TIGHTEN YOUR BELT

"TIGHTEN YOUR BELT"

If you tighten your belt, you try to spend less money.

Example: Pablo says his family have had to tighten their belts because everything costs much more now.

Apretar el cinturón.

Example sentences:

  • I'll have to tighten my belt for a while so I can pay off my debts / Voy a tener que apretarme el cinturón por algún tiempo para poder pagar mis deudas.

  • Carly will have to tighten her belt because she's lost her job / Carly tendrá que apretarse el cinturón porque ha perdido su puesto de trabajo.

Additional examples:

  • Things are beginning to cost more and more. It looks like we'll all have to tighten our belts.

  • Times are hard, and prices are high. I can tighten my belt for only so long




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario