martes, 10 de mayo de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA

"NOT YOUR CUP OF TEA"


If something is not your cup of tea, it's not what you like or what you're interested in.

Example: Karen knows all that new-age spiritual stuff isn't my cup of tea, so why would she give me a book on star signs and astrology for my birthday? 

No es lo que me guste.

Example sentences:

  • Action movies aren't really my cup of tea. I prefer dramas and comedies, to be honest / Las películas de acción no son las que realmente me gustan. Para ser honesto prefiero los dramas y comedias.

  • Classical music isn't really Mary's cup of tea, so when I offered to take her to a concert of chamber music, she wasn't all that excited / La música clásica no es realmente lo que le guste a Mary, por eso cuando le ofrecí llevarla a un concierto de música de cámara no estaba tan emocionada.

Additional examples:

  • You three visit the museum without me. Looking at fussy old paintings is not my cup of tea.

  • Going to church, Mary said, was not her cup of tea.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario