miércoles, 14 de octubre de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: TAKE THE PLUNGE

"TAKE THE PLUNGE"


If you take the plunge, you decide to do something you really want to do even though it's risky and possibly dangerous.

Example: I'd always wanted to be a writer, so when I was thirty I took the plunge. I quit my nine-to-five job and worked full-time on my novel instead.

Dar el paso.

Example sentences:

  • Bill decided to take the plunge and put all his money into the stock market just before the market crashed. Now he wishes he'd left it in the bank / Bill decidió dar el paso y puso todo su dinero en el mercado de valores justo antes de que el mercado se estrellara. Ahora desea haber dejado todo en el banco.

  • Monique has decided to take the plunge and start up her own business / Monique decidió dar el paso y empezar su propio negocio. 

Additional examples:

  • I'm not ready to take the plunge yet.

  • Sam and Mary took the plunge.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario