viernes, 23 de octubre de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: A NIGHT OWL

"A NIGHT OWL"



You're a night owl if you like to stay up and do things late at night.

Example: She's always been a night owl. Even when she was a student she'd study late at night and get up as late as possible the next day.

Un ave nocturna.

Example sentences:

  • I don't know why I'm a night owl. I just seem more alert at night, and even if I go to bed early I can't get to sleep till about 3 in the morning / Yo no sé por qué soy un ave nocturna. Solo parece que estoy más alerta de noche, e incluso si me voy a la cama temprano no puedo dormir hasta las 3 de la mañana.

  • Cassandra is a night owl, so she doesn't usually get up until about 11 a.m. / Cassandra es un ave nocturna, así que no suele levantarse hasta las 11 am.

Additional examples:

  • I am at my best in the morning, but my husband is a night owl.

  • My roommate is a night owl and usually reads until 5:00 A.M.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario