martes, 18 de febrero de 2014

TODAY'S IDIOM: IN SOMEONE'S GOOD BOOKS

"IN SOMEONE'S GOOD BOOKS"




If you're in someone's good books, they are pleased with you.

Example: Ever since I helped her son get into university, I've been in Jean's good books and she's been very nice to me.

Tener contento (a) a alguien.

Example sentences:

  • All you have to do to get into his good books is to agree with everything he says / Todo lo que tienes que hacer para tenerlo contento es estar de acuerdo en todo lo que dice.

  • I've been in Harry's good books ever since I fixed his computer / He tenido contento a Harry desde que arreglé su compudadora.

  • I'm in my wife's good books at the moment. I bought her a new car last Saturday. It's a sports car and she has always wanted something sporty / Tengo contenta a mi esposa por el momento. Le compré un carro nuevo el Sábado. Es un automóvil deportivo y ella siempre quiso algo deportivo.

Additional examples:

  • I cleaned the bathroom yesterday so I'm in Mum's good books.

  • I’m in my manager’s good books right now because I agreed to work this weekend.

  • My sister is in our parents’ good books because she did really well on her final exams. They’re really proud of her.

  • My brother is never in our parents’ good books. He’s always getting into trouble.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario