lunes, 12 de diciembre de 2011

TODAY'S SAYING : "BITE YOUR TONGUE"


Bite your tongue
To avoid talking

Se utiliza el dicho "bite your tongue” cuando por alguna circunstancia se pretende no decir algo aun cuando se quiera hacerlo (“ Morderse la lengua” )


Ejemplos :



Morderse la lengua>> "No estoy de acuerdo, pero me mordere la lengua" (“I disagree but i'll bite my tongue.)
"En este momento es mejor morderse la lengua” (“At this moment it is better to bite your tongue ”)


Algunos ejemplos adicionales:
Sometimes you have to say what you want and not bite your tongue”
If you don't want to hurt him. You should bite your tongue

NO CONFUNDIR CON :

Bite off que significa morder

Ejemplo: After I got the knife away, he tried to bite off my nose  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario