jueves, 18 de junio de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM:COME HELL OR HIGH WATER

"COME HELL OR HIGH WATER"



If you say you will do something come hell or high water, you mean you are determined to do it even if it is difficult.

Example: Come hell or high water I am going to pass that exam with a good grade.

Contra viento y marea.

Example sentences:

  • I don't care what you think! We are going to finish this project come hell or high water / No me importa lo que pienses! Vamos a terminar este proyecto contra viento y marea.

  • Come hell or high water, I intend to own my own home / Contra viento y marea, tengo la intención de ser dueño de mi propia casa.

Additional examples:

  • I'll buy that ranch, come hell or high water. I'm determined.

  • Will you be at the family reunion next year? Yes, we'll be there, come hell or high water!



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario