martes, 9 de junio de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: IN THE NICK OF TIME

"IN THE NICK OF TIME"
 


Means just at the critical moment, just in time, not too late but very close!

Example: I got to the pharmacy just in the nick of time. It's a good thing because I really need this medicine.

Justo a tiempo.

  • I almost missed the train but I got to the station just in the nick of time / Ya casi perdía el tren, pero llegué a la estación justo a tiempo.

  • The doctor arrived in the nick of time, the patient's life was saved / El médico llegó justo a tiempo, la vida del paciente se salvó.

Additional examples:

  • I reached the airport in the very nick of time and made my flight.

  • We got there just in the nick of time; a minute later and she'd have left. 




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario