lunes, 18 de noviembre de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: YOU SCRATCH MY BACK, I'LL SCRATCH YOURS

"YOU SCRATCH MY BACK, I'LL SCRATCH YOURS"

You do a favor for me and I'll do a favor for you.

Example: I would really appreciate it if you introduce me to him... You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Hoy por tí, mañana por mí.
Example sentences:
  • I need this paving contract, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours / Necesito este contrato de pavimentación, hoy por tí, mañana por mí.

  • Listen, I need a lift to the store and you need gas money. I’ll give you gas money if you give me a lift to the store. You know, you scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours / Escucha, necesito un ascensor a la tienda y se necesita dinero para la gasolina. Te voy a dar dinero para la gasolina si me das el ascensor para la tienda. Ya sabes, hoy por tí, mañana por mí.
Additional examples:
  • If you remember to pay the bills, I will remember to do the laundry! You scratch my back, I scratch yours!
  • We can complete this task but at only one condition if you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours, so are you agree? 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario