miércoles, 6 de noviembre de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: IN SOMEONE'S BAD BOOKS

"IN SOMEONE'S BAD BOOKS"



If you're in someone's bad books, they are not pleased with you.

Example: I think I'm in Jenny's bad books. I forgot her birthday, and now she's not answering my calls.

En la lista negra de...

Example sentences:

  • Make sure you don't get in the boss's bad books. If you do, he'll make life hell for you / Asegúrate de no estar en la lista negra de tu jefe. Si es así, él hará de tu vida un infierno.

  • I think I'm in Gillian's bad books. She's been ignoring me / Creo que estoy en la lista negra de Gillian. Me ha estado ignorando.

Additional examples:

  • I’m in my manager’s bad books right now because I made a big mistake at the office, and our client is really angry.

  • My father is in my mother’s bad books now because he forgot her birthday! 




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por: 
 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario