martes, 14 de mayo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: CRYING WOLF

"CRYING WOLF"

 

To cry or complain about something when nothing is really wrong.

Example: I'll be in the other room, so call me if you need me. But no crying wolf.

Bromear.

Example sentences:

  • Mom, Dad! Can you come to my room? I think there is something under my bed! Son, you just go back to bed, and stop crying wolf / Mamá, papá! ¿Pueden venir a mi habitación? ¡Creo que hay algo debajo de mi cama! Hijo, te vas a la cama y deja de hacer bromas.

  • Hey that kid on the other team fell down. He looks hurt. Oh, not that kid. He's always crying wolf / Hey ese chico en el otro equipo se cayó. Se ve herido. Oh, no ese chico. Él siempre bromea.

Additional examples:

  • Pay no attention. She's just crying wolf again. Don't cry wolf too often. No one will come.

  • She had repeatedly rung the police for trivial reasons and perhaps she had cried wolf too often.
 
 
 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario