lunes, 27 de mayo de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: CAUGHT RED-HANDED

"CAUGHT RED-HANDED"
 
 

To catch a person in the act of doing something wrong.

Example: Tom was stealing the car when the police drove by and caught him red-handed.

Cachar in fraganti.

Example sentences:

  • Mary tried to cash a forged check at the bank, and the teller caught her red-handed / María trató de cobrar un cheque falsificado en el banco y el cajero la cachó in fraganti.

  • The father was furious when he caught his son red-handed, smoking a cigarette / El padre se puso furioso cuando cachó in fraganti a su hijo fumando un cigarro.

Additional examples:

  • I think my girlfriend is cheating on me, so I plan to follow her and catch her red-handed with another man.

  • I caught Jack red-handed as he was trying to take some cash out of the register.

 
 
El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario