miércoles, 16 de noviembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: (YOUR) BREAD AND BUTTER

"(YOUR) BREAD AND BUTTER"



Your bread and butter is your livelihood or the source of your income. 

Example: Bartending is my bread and butter at the moment, but I'm trying to get into acting.

Pan de cada día.

Example sentences:

  • The conditions are bad, but this work is their bread and butter so make sure the workers have other jobs before you close down the factory / Las condiciones son malas, pero éste trabajo es su pan de cada día entonces asegúrese de que los trabajadores tienen otros trabajos antes de cerrar la fábrica.

  • This job is my bread and butter, so I can't afford to lose it / Éste trabajo es mi pan de cada día, así que no puedo darme el lujo de perderlo.

Additional examples:

  • I can't miss another day of work. That's my bread and butter.

  • I worked as a bartender for a year, and it was the tips that were my bread and butter.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario