miércoles, 13 de enero de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: RACK YOUR BRAINS / RACK YOU BRAIN

"RACK YOUR BRAINS / RACK YOU BRAIN"



If you rack your brains, or rack you brain, you try hard to remember something or think of a solution to a problem or a puzzle.

Example: I'm racking my brains, but I just can't think of his name.

Romperse la cabeza.

Example sentences:

  • Shelley's writing this song about being out of work and she's racking her brain trying to come up with a good rhyme for "unemployed" / Shelley está escribiendo una canción sobre estar sin trabajo y está rompiéndose la cabeza tratando de llegar a una buena rima para "desempleados".

  • Sometimes I have to rack my brains if I want to think of a phone number / A veces tengo que romperme la cabeza si quiero pensar en un número de teléfono.

Additional examples:

  • Racked my brain thinking about how to solve our money problems, and all I could come up with was getting a second job.

  • Well, don't rack your brain about it, because the whole situation could change tomorrow.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario