sábado, 8 de agosto de 2015

TODAY'S IDIOM: FOR A SONG

"FOR A SONG"



If you buy or sell something for a song, you buy or sell it at a very cheap price.

Example: When I was in Vietnam I bought some beautiful lacquerware for a song. I still can't believe how cheap it was.

Barato.

Example sentences:

  • I thought I was getting the gems for a song, but I was actually paying too much / Pensé que estaba adquiriendo las gemas baratas, pero realmente estaba pagando demasiado.

  •  I bought the antique tray for a song / Compré la bandeja antigua bien barata.

Additional examples:

  • James had a really valuable record by an old American band called The Cramps, but he sold it for a song at a garage sale. He didn't know how much it was worth.

  • I could buy this house for a song, because it's so ugly.



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario