viernes, 16 de agosto de 2013

TODAY'S IDIOM: KNOCK ON WOOD

"KNOCK ON WOOD"



Knuckle tapping on wood in order to avoid some bad luck.

Example: Today's going to be a great day, knock on wood!

Tocar madera.

Example sentences:

  • We could lose the sponsorship. Knock on wood so it won't happen / Podríamos perder el patrocinio. Toca madera para que no pase.

  • You should knock on wood before saying something like that / Deberías tocar madera antes de decir algo como eso.

Additional examples:

  • I'm pretty sure my car is going to be ready today.I won't have to knock on wood...I hope.

  • I think I am well at last. Knock on wood. 

  • I knock on wood when I wish something were true.  



El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario