miércoles, 19 de abril de 2017

TODAY'S IDIOM: CHEW THE FAT / CHEW THE RAG

"CHEW THE FAT / CHEW THE RAG"



If you chew the fat, or chew the rag, you have a long, friendly chat with someone.

Example: Why don't you come over on Sunday morning and I'll make some breakfast and we can chew the rag for a couple of hours?

Chismear.

Example sentences:

  • I sometimes call Wendy late at night and we chew the fat for an hour or so before going to sleep / A veces llamo a Wendy ya tarde en la noche para chismear una hora o así antes de dormir.

  • We were just chewing the rag. Nothing important / Solo estábamos chismeando. Nada importante.

Additional examples:

  • I'd love to stand 'round chewing the fat but these bills aren't going to pay themselves.

  • While I was chewing the fat with Graham, he told me all about his new job.

  • Sit yourself down and let's chew the fat for a while. 





El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario