miércoles, 28 de septiembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: PULL YOUR SOCKS UP

"PULL YOUR SOCKS UP"



You can say "pull your socks up" to someone if you think they should improve the way they are behaving or the way they are doing something.

Example: He'll lose his job unless he pulls his socks up and starts doing a lot better.

Ponerse las pilas.

Example sentences:

  • The coach said I have to pull my socks up or I'll lose my spot on the team / El entrenador dijo que tengo que ponerme la pilas o perderé mi lugar en el equipo.

  • His teacher told Jason to pull his socks up because his grades weren't good enough / Su maestro le dijo a Jason que tenía que ponerme las pilas porque sus calificaciones no van  muy bien. 

Additional examples:

  • I need to pull up my socks and work a little harder and be more organized!

  • She pulls up her socks when her test scores are low.





El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario