miércoles, 7 de septiembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: NEVER SAY DIE!

"NEVER SAY DIE!"
 

You can say "Never say die!" if you want to tell someone to keep trying while there's still a chance of success.

Example: We were two goals down with only a few minutes to go, but our captain wouldn't give up. He was shouting, "Come on, guys! Never say die!"

¡No darse por vencido!

Example sentences:

  • After falling off his surfboard for the hundredth time, Craig climbed back on and said with a laugh, "Never say die!" / Después de caerse de su tabla de surf por centésima vez, Craig se subió de nuevo y dijo con una sonrisa, ¡No me daré por vencido!

  • David said, "Never say die!" after failing his driving test again / David dijo, ¡No me daré por vencido! después de fallar de nuevo en su examen de conducir.

Additional examples:

  • I don't think I can finish this project in time. Never say die!.

  • It's no use. I can't make my checkbook balance. Never say die!




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario