viernes, 16 de septiembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: A KNUCKLE SANDWICH

"A KNUCKLE SANDWICH"



If you give someone a knuckle sandwich, you punch them.

Example: Simon said he'd give me a knuckle sandwich if I wasn't careful, so I said "Come on then, let's go outside!"

Un golpe.

Example sentences:

  • If you say that again you'll get a knuckle sandwich! / Si vuelvesa decir eso, te daré un golpe.

  • Kenny gave me a knuckle sandwich and I said, "Ouch! That hurt!" / Kenny me dio un golpe y dijo, "¡Ouch! ¡Eso duele!"

  • You'll get a knuckle sandwich if you don't shut up / Obtendrás un golpe si no te callas.

Additional examples:

  • If you don't stop bothering me, you're going to get a knuckle sandwich.

  • Sabah gave Peter a knuckle sandwich when she caught him looking at other girls.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario