jueves, 22 de septiembre de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: DRAW A BLANK

"DRAW A BLANK"



If you draw a blank, you get no response when you ask for something, or get no results when you search for something.

Example: I searched in my computer for an hour, but I drew a blank so I can't give you the details.

Quedarse en blanco.

Example sentences:

  • I did a search on the web for information about the company, but I drew a blank / Hice una búsqueda en la web para obtener información acerca de la compañía, pero me quedé en blanco.

  • He said he tried to remember the date of the meeting, but he drew a blank and couldn't tell us / Dijo que trataría de acordarse del día de la reunión, pero se quedó en blanco y no podía decirnos.

Additional examples:

  • I tried to remember her telephone number, but I could only draw a blank.

  • It was a very hard test with just one question to answer, and I drew a blank.




El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario