jueves, 14 de julio de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH

"DON'T LOOK A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH"



Don't be ungrateful when you receive a gift.

Example: Great interception! Yes, but I almost scored a touchdown. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes.

Example sentences:

  • When I asked my uncle for extra money on my birthday, my mother said, don't look a gift horse in the mouth / Cuando le pedí a mi tío más dinero para mi cumpleaños, mi madre me dijo: A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes.

  • This shirt you gave me is not my favorite brand. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! That was the best they had / Esta camisa que me diste no es de mi marca favorita. A caballo regalado no se le miran los dientes! Eso fue lo mejor que tenían.

Additional examples:

  • Here is your drink. Oh, I hate this kind. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.


  • Dad's old car is full of dents, but we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.





El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario