martes, 21 de junio de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: FORTY WINKS

"FORTY WINKS"



If you have forty winks, you have a short sleep, or a nap.

Example: If you're driving on a long trip and you feel yourself getting sleepy, stop and have forty winks. It might save your life, and the lives of other people too.

Siesta.

Example sentences:

  • I'll sometimes have forty winks if I feel a bit sleepy / A veces tomaré una siesta si siento un poco de sueño.

  • I could use forty winks before I have to get to work / Podría tomar una siesta antes de tener que ir a trabajar.

Additional examples:

  • If I have a late night I sometimes catch forty winks on the train on the way to work.

  • I need forty winks before I get started again.






El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario