jueves, 2 de junio de 2016

TODAY'S IDIOM: DO SOMEONE'S DIRTY WORK

"DO SOMEONE'S DIRTY WORK"


If you do someone's dirty work for them, you do something unpleasant for them because they don't want to do it for themselves.

Example: Whenever he wants somebody fired, my boss asks me to tell them. I'm sick of doing his dirty work for him, but if I refuse he'll ask someone else to tell me I'm fired.

Hacer el trabajo sucio.

Example sentences:

  • One of the good things about being promoted is that you can tell someone below you do your dirty work for you / Una de las cosas buenas de ser promovido es que puedes decirle a alguien que esté por debajo de ti, que haga el trabajo sucio.

  • I read this article today that says if the leader of a country starts a war, they should do their own dirty work and fight alongside their soldiers / Leí este artículo hoy que dice que, si el líder de un país comienza una guerra, ellos deben hacer su propio trabajo sucio y luchar junto a sus soldados.

Additional examples:

  • Well, usually I do the dirty work and someone else gets the credit for getting it done.

  • Naturally, he has assistants who do his dirty work.





El blog "La cultura del Inglés" es patrocinado por:
 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario